20170602

Barefoot running Mango Hill

Some of the longer barefoot runs I did in Mango Hill, Brisbane. The existence of a track does not imply a recommended right of way as I cheated a few times but generally I followed paved cycle or pedestrian routes.

5.63 miles on 18th May

10.7 miles on 21st May

4.95 miles on 26th May

9.16 miles om 28th May

6.97 miles on 30th May

8.42 miles om 1st June

Most of the pavements are concrete and the concrete is made from the local, very abrasive sand, which eroded the soles of my feet so badly that after my last run my foot was bleeding. The photo shows my foot after the penultimate run - but it is amazing how the human body copes.


Poor foot

Maryvale Rd

Petrie - Kippa Ring line

Morning Dew, North Lakes golf course

Cycle-way crossing Freshwater Creek 

Path alongside Freshwater Creek

Close to K's residence

One of the North Lakes

Balstrup Road South

Kippa Ring service leaving Murrumba Station
 
Cycle-way crossing Bruce Highway

Petrie and Kippa Ring yet to be explored!

No comments:

Post a Comment