20151031

Ruby Run 1


Ruby Route One

Coincidentally bridging our 40th wedding anniversary (it is hard to believe that we've been around that long!), we were staying with Ali's mother again so I had opportunity for some long runs. I have for some while contemplated exploring the Blackborough escarpment so that's were I headed for, barefoot of course.

The GPS statistics were: distance 11.08 miles, average speed 5.06mph (5.70 whilst moving) maximum and elevation 247m, minimum 53m. My route follows clockwise on the above map - click on the map or the pictures to enlarge them.

My route ascending the scarp face of the hill was grassy field - luscious under foot - with a wooden bench provided at a viewpoint. Shortly after this I stumbled upon the ruins of Blackborough House which rather sadly is now a farm dump. My short dead-end after this was because I could not resist climbing to the top of a grassy hillock, but the view from the top was not as rewarding as I had hoped.

Blackborough House (not my photo)

The following pictures are my own, taken on my smartphone and suffering from the low light of early morning and the fact that it was raining at times.


View from near the house

Someone has provided a seat to enjoy the view!

Blackborough House

rear of same


View from hillock past the house

Blackborough

Hill out of Blackborough I ascended in Route Two

Downhill from Blackborough

Kentisbeare church

Kentisbeare

No comments:

Post a Comment