20150830

Crazy Cherry Bakewell



Saturday afternoon. Having finished my job-list I had a Cherry Bakewell with a mug of tea and read a bit, then figured I needed to do something so got the bicycle out and figured an hour or so's ride before dinner. Within minutes of starting out the heavens opened. I tried in vain sheltering under a handy tree.

Wearing my thin cycling shorts and T-shirt, I took the latter off before it got too wet and stowed it in my pannier and continued my ride bare-chest thus demonstrating the efficacy, in a rain storm, of removing rather than putting on more clothes. It worked. It continued to rain steadily for almost the whole duration of the 13 mile ride backside of Knockalt. True it was a bit cold, but not so cold as it would have been wearing a saturated T-shirt. Speeding down the long downhill to the main road was awesome and scary; the rain stinging my skin and with my eyes screwed almost shut.

Doubtless drivers that passed me thought I was crazy but, if being different from the status quo equals crazy, perhaps I am.

The Cherry Bakewell and tea was good. The mad cycle ride was good. And the long, hot shower upon my return was good.

No comments:

Post a Comment