20120602

Waterworks and Jusoda

My father always kept a bottle or two of "mineral" - i.e. fizzy soda - in the top cupboard.  It was permissible for me to help myself within reason, but NOT to finish off the last drop.  So I always made sure I left about half an inch...

My father's favourite was Tizer as in "Tizer the Apertizer".  I am not sure what Tizer was supposed to taste of: it was orange in colour only and sweet.  My favourite was an orange flavoured drink Jusoda.  Now I live in Ireland I enjoy Club Orange which is the nearest modern day equivalent to Jusoda and Oh-so-much-superior to Fanta Orange.

To quote... "Barr began adding to its brand portfolio in the 1970s, including launching a short-lived fruit juice soda, Jusoda. A more lasting addition to the company came with its acquisition of another long-lived British soft drink brand, Tizer, acquired with the £2.5 million purchase of Tizer Limited, based in Manchester, in 1972."  Oh, and Barr are the people who make that evil concoction Irn-Bru.

Anyways - the point of this post is the following picture which shows me at an early age demonstrating the no effort method of drinking Jusoda using the siphon principle:


The car - a grey Vauxhall Cresta with steering column gear change.  The location - Broad St, Alresford.  Wow, that stuff tasted good...

No comments:

Post a Comment